OTTAWA — Winnipeg Blue Bombers beginning quarterback Matt Nichols says he feels excellent after leaving Friday’s 29-14 win over the Ottawa REDBLACKS.
The damage happened within the 1/3 quarter and seemed to be to the top/neck location after Nichols took a success from linebacker Kevin Brown following an 18-yard run.
The Bombers’ pivot finished 16 of 20 passes for 262 yards and a touchdown, staking the Bombers to 22-four lead earlier than being replaced with the aid of Chris Streveler.
Nichols went to the locker-room and later returned in avenue clothes, however, changed into nicely enough after the sport to talk to journalists.
“I feel exquisite,” said Nichols. “Huge win for us, three-zero. Great begin for this group this season and we’ll have a good time this one for an afternoon and get geared up to get again to work.
“It became dumb by using me not sliding in advance, I recognize better than that,” he added. “Had to come out and with where it changed into in the sport and the entirety, didn’t move lower back in. But right now I sense super.
“I thought I might be capable of get away from the defender and pick up some more yards — final 2d I felt there were people ultimate in from the opposite aspect as well and I type of slid late. I need to have slid earlier. It’s essential for me to be available and I should make certain I don’t take needless hits.”
It becomes a hard night for the Bombers on the harm the front, as the crew also misplaced receiver Chris Matthews inside the first 1/2. All in all, although, the Bombers got the task performed on each facet of the ball. Their defense didn’t permit a touchdown for the second consecutive sport, while the offense managed possession for 39 minutes and racked up greater than 400 overall yards.
With a 3-0 document, the Bombers take over sole ownership of the first region inside the CFL West. They’ll try to maintain it going in Week 5 when the Toronto Argonauts go to IG Field in Winnipeg.
“It’s something we’ve clearly preached, simply trying to win some of these early games to put ourselves in a higher role in the direction of the quit of the season,” stated Nichols. “To win some of those games in opposition to difficult teams speaks to where this group can pass.
“I think we’ve got the leadership here to apprehend you could’t just be happy with beginning 3-0. For us, I’ve pointed out it regularly; it’s resetting and looking to be 1-zero subsequent week.”
• Mechanism of Injury: High-speed running is the most commonplace particular hamstring damage. Sudden eccentric loading (as when following via after kicking a ball in football or martial arts, as an instance) is likewise a commonplace mechanism.
• Due to a high rate of recurrence, patients may additionally record preceding damage. Further, the harm may additionally occur in a “acquainted” spot or adjoining to a preceding damage location.
• Most patients were experiencing an audible “pop” at the time of injury that’s associated with on the spot ache, often regarding the proximal tendon. They are often not able to continue activity due to pain (1)
• Patients may additionally have trouble walking or walking, or might also report ache while sitting if the harm is greater proximal.
• Injuries regarding an intramuscular tendon or aponeurosis and adjoining muscle fibers (ex. Biceps femoris throughout high-speed training) usually require a shorter rehabilitation time frame than those regarding a proximal, unfastened tendon (ex. Semimembranosus tendon stress throughout dancing and kicking).
• Injuries such as partial or whole ruptures generally end result from extreme and forceful hip flexion and frequently require surgery with giant rehabilitation.
• It have to be mentioned that the actual rehabilitation period is as predictable from scientific test combinations as from measures of damage severity obtained from an MRI.